Ever feel like you’re not good enough? Do you constantly compare yourself to others and feel like you’re falling short? If so, you’re not alone. A lack of self-confidence is something we all struggle with at one point or another.
Luckily, there’s a tool that is effective in building self-confidence—meditation.
Meditation is an ancient practice used for centuries to help promote inner peace and self-awareness. It’s a simple and effective way to calm the mind, focus the thoughts, and relax the body.
How Does Meditation Help Build Confidence and Esteem?
When we sit in meditation, we create room for ourselves to just be. We’re not trying to accomplish anything or become anyone in particular. We’re letting go of all the ideas, beliefs, and assumptions that we typically cling to in our everyday lives.
This process of “letting go” can be incredibly liberating. It clarifies our view of ourselves and the world. And as we become more aware of our true nature, we naturally become more confident.
Meditation also helps to increase our self-esteem. When we sit in meditation, we are taking time out for ourselves—something that is so important but often neglected in our busy lives.
This simple act of self-care sends a strong message to our subconscious mind: I am worth taking care of. I am worth investing in. I am worth my time and attention.
Over time, this message will start to replace the old, negative tapes that have been playing in our heads for years, and our confidence will slowly start to increase.
How to Start Meditating on Your Own
If you’re new to meditation, the idea of sitting still and doing nothing for extended periods of time can seem daunting. But it doesn’t have to be. Meditation is a practice anyone can do, regardless of experience or skill level.
Here are three types of meditation we love, and you can try:
- Mindfulness meditation comprises focusing your attention on the now. Accept whatever thoughts or emotions arise without judgment and then wish them well.
- Loving-kindness meditation allows you to focus on sending well-wishes of love to yourself and others. When you extend kindness to others, your self-esteem naturally soars.
- Visualization meditation is where you focus on visualizing positive things in your life. These things can be anything from achieving your goals to simply feeling happy and confident.
So next time you’re feeling down or like you’re not good enough, try spending a few minutes in meditation. You can even do it right now. Simply close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and let go of all your thoughts and worries. Just for a moment, allow yourself to simply be. And remember, you are worthy and deserving of happiness, success, and love. More Confident Blogs
Content for your VA to add at the bottom of your blog articles:
P.S. When you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you:
1. Download my ConfidentU App (it’s free).
Want to ignite your confidence and positive self-talk to transform your life?
- Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/confidentu/id1606196460
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ppf5cwruz7m.py7kyl1mtapp
- On the web: https://ConfidentU.passion.io
2. Work with me privately.
If you’d like to work directly with me via Private 1:1 Confidence Coaching, to ignite your confidence and positive self-talk, so you can transform your life… then click the link to learn more and book your free Discovery Call.
Download the ConfidentU app to learn more about meditation and other tips and tricks to boost your self-esteem and confidence.